Monday, November 21, 2011

A Promise to Myself

When it comes to self-preservation, I am clueless.  I am the protector of my heart.  And believe me when I say that I am terribly overprotective when I needn't be and entirely underprotective when it matters most.

For my entire adult life, I have prided myself on being a survivor.  I have a keen ability to pick myself up, dust myself off and forge ahead.  Over the last couple of weeks I have begun to question whether or not surviving is enough.  Surviving is not living, living is living.

Starting today, I vow to live.

I will wake up and wonder what treasured moment I will encounter today, not worry about what is going to go wrong today.

I will look forward to tomorrow and what it may bring, not prepare myself for what I may have to survive tomorrow, or what brokenness may need fixed. 

I will not live day after day as if it were a game of 52 Card Pick Up.

I will learn to let go, to trust that if I fall someone will catch me, as they have promised to do. 

I will love without looking over my shoulder, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I am worthy of living, worthy of love, and worthy of happiness.

We all are. 

<3



3 comments:

  1. This will be one of the hardest things to do. I have been there and done that. You will be happier when you learn to let go a little, but don't get frustrated if it takes a bit.

    You are worthy of living, love, and happiness. I could actually keep going of what you are worthy of but no need to get a big head. HAHA. I love your posts so far and I cannot wait to keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should read this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/One-Thousand-Gifts-Fully-Right/dp/0310321913/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321966663&sr=8-1 Simply AMAZING and beautiful, and touched upon this latest post topics. Watch the amazon video clip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance you have this book available for me to borrow? I am interested in reading it.

    ReplyDelete